Monday, March 31, 2008


My friend and neighbor down the street has some beautiful hydrangeas planted in pots outside her home.

I have a horrible time remembering what the name of them are, and usually go through delphinium and hyacinth before hydrangea finally hits me. I had to use Wikipedia to remind me.

At the bottom of the Wiki entry for hydrangea was a warning on their poisonous nature.

"Hydrangeas are moderately toxic if eaten, with all parts of the plant containing cyanogenic glycosides. However, poisoning is rare, as the plant does not look like an enticing food source."

Whomever wrote that has obviously never had a toddler.

No comments: