Monday, November 26, 2007

The Tree is Up!

We got a gorgeous pre-lit 9' slim tree from Wal-Mart for a really great price. Brad picked it up last weekend, and we put it up yesterday. I was shocked at how quickly it went together. The thing is so beautiful! Now we just need to get ornaments on it.

I have to admit that I hate real trees. First of all, Brad and I are allergic to pretty much all kinds of Christmas trees. It's not fun to spend your holiday season sneezing and rubbing your itchy eyes. Other reasons I hate real trees include the following:
  • They're high maintenance.
  • I stress about them catching on fire.
  • It's more trouble to go shopping for the perfect tree than to lug the fake one out of the attic each year.
  • They leave needles EVERYWHERE.
  • They're hard to get level and straight in the tree stand (at least, that was my experience growing up - seems like when we had real trees, they were always crooked).
  • I can barely remember to water the plants on my front porch; having to water the tree in my living room is more than I want to hassle with.
  • Getting rid of it at the end of the season seems like it would be a big production.
So Nyssa will grow up only having experienced a fake tree each Christmas. Poor, deprived child, huh?! :-)

1 comment:

Erin said...

All very good points. We had always had live trees, but Gary and I have succombed to having a fake (excuse me, "artificial") tree. It really is easier, and it came pre-lit! It is the height of laziness, but it took us 5 minutes max to set up, so I'm all for it.