I have to admit that I hate real trees. First of all, Brad and I are allergic to pretty much all kinds of Christmas trees. It's not fun to spend your holiday season sneezing and rubbing your itchy eyes. Other reasons I hate real trees include the following:
- They're high maintenance.
- I stress about them catching on fire.
- It's more trouble to go shopping for the perfect tree than to lug the fake one out of the attic each year.
- They leave needles EVERYWHERE.
- They're hard to get level and straight in the tree stand (at least, that was my experience growing up - seems like when we had real trees, they were always crooked).
- I can barely remember to water the plants on my front porch; having to water the tree in my living room is more than I want to hassle with.
- Getting rid of it at the end of the season seems like it would be a big production.