Monday, September 22, 2008

Lens Filters are a GOOD THING

Well, sort of...



If you bump your camera lens against something, your lens filter will protect your lens. The good news is that this was a $20 filter on a $200 lens. The bad news is that this was much more than just a bump...the impact was strong enough to jam the filter out of the threading and down into the lens, and messed up the zoom and focus rings. They move, but not smoothly! I have no idea if I'll be able to get the filter off of the lens. Thankfully, it was my cheap kit lens and not one of my more expensive lenses - THAT would have made me really mad.

In case you're wondering, this happened over two weeks ago. I stepped off a curb I didn't see (don't ask how). I sprained my ankle and broke a bone in my leg. It sounds much more dramatic than it actually is - the broken bone was the very tip of my fibula (the little bone on the outside of the leg). I'm walking around ok and am able to drive, praise God! I do not know what I would have done if Miss N and I were cooped up in the house for four to six weeks!

No comments: