Monday, December 03, 2007

Use Your Ruler

Or, objects in mirror may be smaller than they appear.

I thought it would be nice to get Nyssa her first baby doll for Christmas. I found this Waldorf doll and thought it would be a nice doll.

http://www.willowtreetoys.com:80/product/KK74197

The website describes the doll as being 8 inches in length. Apparently my mind thinks 8 inches is twice as big as it actually is.

My order arrived today. That doll, while really cute, is about the size of a Beanie Baby and fits in the palm of my hand. It's not at all what I had in mind for her first dollie! And it was $20!!! To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

Next time I will be pulling out the ruler to get a visual of just how big eight inches is!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Awww, that's a bummer. Maybe it'll be easier for Nyssa to hold and carry around with her though, since it's smaller (trying to look on the bright side)!