Saturday, September 15, 2007

Bye-bye, Birdie.

Our love bird, Houdini, passed away this evening.

I am very sad over the loss of our little buddy. I have a warped sense of humor (as if you didn't know this already) and have said some inappropriate things regarding the passing of our little feathered friend.

Things like, "Well, that's one less thing to move." My husband admitted the same thought crossed his mind only after I said it. And things like, "Ugh! There's a dead bird in our freezer and it's not even Thanksgiving yet!" We're going to bury the little guy tomorrow, but didn't want him starting to decompose and stink tonight, so I made a little birdie casket from one of my stationery boxes lined with fleece cut from the covers we used to cover the birds' cages with at night time. Brad put Houdini in the box, and then put the box in a ziplock bag, and then I put the whole package in the freezer.

Apparently one of my coping mechanisms when dealing with grief is to think inappropriate thoughts. :-)

RIP, little dude.

If you want to read a more reverent tribute, go to http://missnyssa.blogspot.com/2007/09/and-then-there-were-three.html

No comments: