Monday, September 18, 2006

Let's Throw Money in the TRASH!

I just got an email from one of the many online photo publishing places. The email was advertising postage stamps that you can customize with your very own photo! Ooh. While it may seem like a good idea at first, I personally think you might as well take the $17.99 (the cost for 20 $0.39 stamps) and throw it directly in the trash can. That's where those cute photo stamps end up anyway - I mean, who wants to keep a tiny photo that has been marred by the stamp cancellation machine? Oh, look honey, Junior looks just like Grandpa with the inked mustache under his nose!

$17.99 for 20 stamps is nearly 90 cents per stamp! If you want to spend extra money on postage, why not buy the breast cancer stamps or another fundraising stamp where the extra cash goes toward a good cause?

\rant off

4 comments:

headlesschickie said...

Seriously! For crying out loud, develop some prints and put them IN the envelope. Get your .90 worth!

Erin said...

I agree! I briefly (for about .01 seconds) thought about getting those when Kate was born, but then my better sense (or my inner cheapskate) prevailed, and I realized what a waste that would be!

Flawed And Disorderly said...

I agree with Adri. I hardly ever even notice the stamps. I've never heard of such a thing. I'd much prefer a real photo over a tiny inked on stamp! Probably cheaper, too!

Anonymous said...

You know what's really sad? The people who would get a gift of stamps is the same person who likes to save things "for special occasions". You might as well print out a sheet of tiny pictures for this person to put in a drawer because those stamps will never grace an envelope!

However, I love stamps.... I'm a stamp nerd.